844 through 855 parked at the South Blvd. garage lot. Originally a street
car barn, this garage served City Coach Lines after the Duke Power
acquisition until the summer of 1957. It still exists today at East Bland
St. and South Blvd.
These were the first diesel buses in Charlotte. As 32 passenger models
the first four foward facing rows on the driver's side were single seats to
allow for more standing space. Standing passengers were so common at one
time that the small upper windows were know as "standee" windows.
Return To Article