Applications Videos

Historic Properties

Properties For Sale

About the Commission

Browse By Topic

Local History

Links

Home

First Diesels

844 through 855 parked at the South Blvd. garage lot. Originally a street car barn, this garage served City Coach Lines after the Duke Power acquisition until the summer of 1957. It still exists today at East Bland St. and South Blvd.

These were the first diesel buses in Charlotte. As 32 passenger models the first four foward facing rows on the driver's side were single seats to allow for more standing space. Standing passengers were so common at one time that the small upper windows were know as "standee" windows.